*Photo may vary from actual product.
|Product||IO-Link communication unit for safety light curtain SF4D series|
|Product name||IO-Link Communication Unit|
As of October 26, 2020
Specifications and design of the products are subject to change without notice for the product improvement.
|Regulatory compliance||EMC Directive, RoHS Directive|
|Communication method : Safety light curtain communication side||RS-485 bidirectional communication (dedicated protocol)|
|Communication method : IO-Link communication side||IO-Link specifications: Ver. 1.1
Baud rate: COM3 (230.4 kbps)
Data length: 18 bytes, process data (PD)
Minimum cycle time: 1.5 ms
|Supply voltage : Safety light curtain communication side||24V DC +20-30 % Ripple P-P 10 % or less|
|Supply voltage : IO-Link communication side||24V DC +20-25 % Ripple P-P 10 % or less|
|Current consumption : Safety light curtain communication side||15 mA or less|
|Current consumption : IO-Link communication side||30 mA or less|
|Functions||• IO-Link communication function
• Safety light curtain setting data copy function (Note)
• The internal memory (nonvolatile) of this product has a service life. Settings cannot be configured more than 100,000 times.
• This product cannot be used to directly enter settings from the IO-Link master unit to a safety light curtain using IO-Link communication.
• The safety light curtain setting data copy function is designed only for use in maintenance / replace of safety light curtains.Use the copy function only for loading the setting data of the previous safety light curtain to a new unit. Loading the data to a device other than a newly installed safety light curtain may result in improper device operation.
• This function cannot be used unless the product is connected with the IO-Link master unit and IO-Link communication is used.
|Number of connectable units : This product||1 unit|
|Number of connectable units : Safety light curtains in series connection||Up to 5 units (total number of beam channels 256 or less)|
|Excess voltage category||I|
|Operating altitude||2,000 m 6561.68 ft or less
Note : Do not use or store in an environment pressurized to atmospheric pressure or higher at an altitude of 0 m.
|Degree of protection||IP64|
|Ambient temperature||-10 to +55℃ 14 to 131℉(No dew condensation or icing allowed),
Storage: -25 to +60℃ -13 to 140℉
|Ambient humidity||30 to 85% RH, Storage: 30 to 95% RH|
|Environmental resistance : Dielectric strength voltage||1,000 V AC for one minute, between all supply terminals connected together and enclosure|
|Environmental resistance : Insulation resistance||20 MΩ or more, with 500 V DC megger, between all supply terminals connected together and enclosure|
|Environmental resistance : Vibration resistance||10 to 55 Hz, 0.75 mm 0.030 in double amplitude in X, Y, and Z directions for two hours each
Malfunction resistance 10 to 55 Hz, 0.75 mm 0.030 in double amplitude in X, Y, and Z directions twenty times each
|Environmental resistance : Shock resistance||300 m/s2 acceleration (30 G approx.) in X, Y, and Z directions three times each
Malfunction resistance 100 m/s2 acceleration (10 G approx.) in X, Y, and Z directions 1,000 times each
|Material||Main unit case: PA66 (with glass)
Base plate: SPCC + Plating
Product model nameplate: Polyester
External connection connector: Brass + Plating
|Connection : Safety light curtain communication side||8-core cable for safety light curtain (optional)|
|Connection method : IO-Link communication side||4-core cable with M12 connector (commercially available product)|
|Weight||270 g approx.|
|Remark||Use the safety light curtain monitoring information obtained via IO-Link only for diagnostic purposes. Do not use it for safety control purposes.|